With the advent of portable scanners, users can scan on the go. Whether traveling for a business/leisure trip or working from home with a space crunch, these battery-operated wireless machines give the option to perform the primary scanning function without any hassle. They come in handy and can be taken anywhere due to their lightweight.
They are simple to use and offer decent quality while providing mobility. From a wide range of Canon scanners, namely, flatbed, sheet bed, and all-in-one that come in different models accompanied with salient features, portable scanners are the ones that have altered the traditional method of their usage.
- Provide flexibility anywhere, anytime – Consider yourself in a situation where you don’t have access to an in-house scanner, and you have an urgent need to scan papers that need to be shared. All you have to do now is take out your portable scanner, insert the document, and you’re done.
- Time saver – Unlike big scanners, portable scanners don’t take long to start, resulting in quick scanning of small documents and photos with ease that restrict the wastage of working hours while making them cost effective.
- Multifunctional – In the beginning, the user only had the choice to scan a particular file type. This drawback used to make work function difficult and troublesome.
Portable scanners allowed scanning files of different formats, be it photos, 3d prints, books, etc., while being connected with multiple devices in an office space.
- Convenient to share – The essential feature of these scanners is that you don’t need to connect them with any device. Just scan the document and send it directly to the receiver via email with an option of saving it on the online storage service like cloud or one drive as a link without worrying about the file size.
In addition, with the help of several apps and software, it is convenient to scan large files and edit them before sharing.
- Paperless and environment-friendly– There is no need to make a pile of physical copies of official documents to be shared with clients or team members at the workplace. An organization can go paperless by converting a scanned document into a digital format and sharing it online while taking steps towards eco-sustainability.
- Mobile friendly – The innovation in digital technology has resulted in wireless scanning via a mobile app that can easily be installed and connected. There is no need to be near your workstation, and the app allows you to share scanned files through your mobile phone and save them in pdf format that helps organize your data.
- Small files and images – It is also handy when files of small size are needed to be scanned and shared.
The portable scanner makes the job easier for a photo size of 3x5x or 4×6, a letter document of A-4 size. In addition, it reduces the workload as there is no need to crop or edit the image.